p5/4 highlights

Neve – We were writing a set of instructions.  This was quite tricky because we had to make sure we remembered everything and didn’t miss out any important parts.

Brooke – I enjoyed maths this week.  We were counting on and back in 10’s and 100’s and I found this quite easy.

Zander – I liked counting on in 10’s and playing the games to help us.

Ryan – Counting backwards was really tricky to start with then it got easier as I thought about it and kept doing it.

Anna – In PE with Mr Richards this week we were learning to play badminton.  Some of the tasks were easy (the warm up) but some were quite hard. (returning the shuttlecock to our partners)

Jack – We also did the bleep test in PE.  This was really fun!

Christopher – Maths started off really tricky this week when we were adding two and three digit numbers mentally.  It was easier on Wednesday when we went back to add only two digit numbers to remind us of the strategies we could use to support us.  I think adding two and three digit numbers will be easier now.

Kirstin – I loved making the Candy Cane Reindeers for the Christmas fair.  It was really easy as we had already written the instructions for how to make them so we just had fun actually making them after that.

Scott – I still really like handwriting lessons.  It helps me to use cursive handwriting in my other work, not just in handwriting lessons.

PRIZE WINNERS

Congratulations to this weeks raffle winners:

Pink chair – Josh

Prize box prize – Jay and Farla

Sitting in Mrs Vince’s chair – Ryan

Sitting beside Mrs Vince at assembly – Anton

Sitting beside a friend for one lesson – Esme

HOMEWORK

A gentle reminder that homework is given out on a Monday and should be returned, fully completed on a Thursday.  Please ask your child to go over their tasks to ensure everything is completed fully.

This week’s maths homework is to go onto SUMDOG on the internet – all children have their usernames and passwords sleotaped into their homework jotters.

Big Talk homework this week is to look at an article in a magazine and to compare it to one in a newspaper.  Is the language different or the same?  If every child could bring in an article from a magazine, this would be extremely helpful.

Have a great weekend,

Mrs V