Primary 7 War Leader Biographies

Primary 7 have been using our IDL context to learn and research about what a biography is, it’s features and what differing types there are.  We began the week by researching about our groups’ political leader from WW2 – Adolf Hitler, Benito Mussolini, Winston Churchill, Franklin D Roosevelt and Josef Stalin.  We used a variety of texts in our reading lessons to look at some examples of current famous people’s biographies to gain a good understanding as to what a biography should look like and include.  We then used our research to plan our War leader biography, completing the write up and self assessment.  As part of our IDL context and research, we were also challenged to create life size art creations of the leaders, using measurement skills and their real life heights.  We focused in on attention to detail, from fashion, to iconic objects which the leaders were known to carry or use – the final results are fantastic.  We have proudly displayed our leaders around our classroom. Pictures to follow!

Learning Intention:

We are learning to write a biography using accurate information, sequenced in chronological order.

Success criteria:

I can include date and place of birth.

I can write about family/childhood information and education.

I can detail what this political leader was famous for.

I can include detail about their involvement in World War 2.

I can include information about place, date and circumstances of their death.

My information has been written in full sentences and follows chronological order.

img_0929 img_0932 img_0936 img_0928img_0933