The Kirkhill Chatter

Kirkhill Nursery and Primary School, Rashierig, Broxburn, West Lothian, EH52 6AW

Book Week in P4

Last week was Scottish Book Week.  We did lots of book and reading related activities and had a lot of fun.  Here’s what we thought of Book Week:

‘My favourite activity was making dens and reading and drinking hot chocolate for the Big Bedtime Read.  I loved it when we were at the library and we got to look at the books – my favourite one to look at was Really Weird Removals.Com.’ Kara

‘I liked the P4/3 Three Little Pigs assembly.  I liked how they sang the song at the end.’  Mason

‘We did lots of activities and I really enjoyed the Blankety Blank activity during Reading with Revels because it was about the Titanic.’  Robert

‘I enjoyed reading Rumpelstiltskin for Fairytale Friday.  I hadn’t heard the story before.’  Lucas

‘I liked when we went to the library and that we got to make dens and drink hot chocolate.  I also liked the story of Rumpelstiltskin.’  Pola

‘I liked the trip to the library.  The story about the haggis was good and the dance off was fun – we did a Scottish hokey cokey.’  Blair

‘I liked when we were building dens – ours was small, dark and quiet.  Me and Nicole liked it because it was peaceful.  The only light coming in was the light from our torch.’  Sophie