The Kirkhill Chatter

Kirkhill Nursery and Primary School, Rashierig, Broxburn, West Lothian, EH52 6AW

Miss Thomson’s Fabulous Fours!

| 1 Comment

Welcome to P4 everyone!  What a quick first week we have had!  We have been busy getting to know each other and thinking about our learning in the year ahead – there’s lots to look forward to.

This week we have started a novel study on ‘The Legend of Spud Murphy’ by Eoin Colfer.  We’re enjoying it so far, and are looking forward to meeting the ninja librarian ‘Spud Murphy’ in the next chapter!  We have been exploring the main characters, Will and Marty, through some drama called ‘hot-seating’ – why don’t you ask us about it?

We’ve been eco-warriors this week and went out on a litter pick yesterday round the whole school.  We were quite disappointed by how much litter has collected in the school grounds, so have been busy making posters to put up in school to remind everyone that litter should go in the bin.  We’re going to be doing some work in the school garden too, which has become a bit of a jungle over the holidays.

Here are some of our thoughts:

‘I’m excited to do science with Miss Thomson and lots of fun things!’ Sophie

‘I’m looking forward to organising the Macmillan Coffee Morning!’ Nicole

‘I enjoyed art this week – we did Picasso portraits’ Pola

‘I enjoyed art because I liked drawing’ Blair

‘I enjoyed colouring my portrait in art as we got to use lots of bright colours’ Kara

‘It’s a new term – plenty to learn!’ Zach S

A quick note for the diary – indoor PE will be on a Monday each week with outdoor PE on Tuesday.  Please make sure your child has the appropriate kit to take part.  Thank you!

One Comment