The Kirkhill Chatter

Kirkhill Nursery and Primary School, Rashierig, Broxburn, West Lothian, EH52 6AW

P7 Panto

| 1 Comment

The children have had a very busy week with lots of dress rehearsals and the main performance of ‘Cinders’. The children have all enjoyed participating in the Pantomime from the very first auditions to the main performance. The children really have grown in confidence and we have been very impressed with their improvisation during the performances. Each time the Panto sounded different and having a live audience really did help the children. Thank you to the parents, carers and relatives that attended any of our performances throughout the week!

Here are a few reflections from our children:

“I was very nervous, but getting up on stage and speaking clearly was one of the best things I have done in school.” – Matthew P

“I liked that all of the parents liked the performance on Thursday night – they all laughed.” – Shannon

“It was my very first experience of Pantomime.” – Lenny

“Everyone laughed at the Ugly Sisters funny bits.” – Leah Cl

“I enjoyed trying to add different lines into each part of the Panto.” – Jack

“I liked performing in front of a large audience.” – Calum

” The musicians got the timing of the instrumental correct on the night.” – Sophie

” I enjoyed changing the scenery…although some of it did fall apart.” – Ewan

“My favourite part of Panto was watching the smiles on the faces of the audience.” Isobel

“At first I was nervous but then it was fun.” – Emily

“I enjoyed it when the audience were laughing.” Evie

“I didn’t want it to end.” Emma

“I liked getting my make-up done for the Understudy show.” Abbie

“I loved performing for the parents of the Understudies.” – Holly

“The feeling I got when I went on stage is a feeling I have never felt before.” Leah Crow

Next week we are going to be winding down for the Christmas holidays by doing lots of Christmas themed activities. Some people are looking forward to the Golden Club treat, the first ever Kirkhill House Rally and getting to watch a Pantomime. We hope everyone has a fun filled Christmas and a Happy New Year 🙂

One Comment