Harrysmuir Primary Home Learning Hub

P3 RME- Islamic patterns and Muslim Beliefs

Good morning P3. I hope you have had a nice long weekend off!

Firstly I’d like to say a big well done to JH in Miss Buchanan’s class for his lovely  Muslim Beliefs mind map.  Also a thank you for posting it! It was great to see some lovely work.  I’m sure lots of you are working hard on your tasks.

Let’s think back to last week and the 6 main Muslim Beliefs.  Can you remember them? The word Muslim  means, “One who submits to Allah.” These beliefs are  very  important to Muslim people.  Here is a wee reminder of them

6 Muslim beliefs

Step 1:- Today we are going to be writing out the Muslim Beliefs in beautiful writing.  You can do this in your best hand writing or in fancy writing.  When you have written these, you are going to draw a border around your writing and  decorate the border in an Islamic Pattern. Let’s take a look and learn about Islamic patterns so that we can design our own.

Step 2:-  Go through the power point or pdf document, if you can’t open the power point.  Look at the colours and the shapes  that are used in the patterns.  This should give you some ideas of what you would like your pattern to look like.  Have a little practise before drawing it onto your border.

P3- Islamic patterns                                              P3 -Islamic Patterns

Step 3:- Complete  your writing and border on a piece of paper or in your jotter.  I’ll look forward to seeing some of these.