Harrysmuir Primary Home Learning Hub

Easter Letter from Mr Wallace

Dear Parent/Carer

Firstly, I hope that you and your families are all safe and well.  These are uncertain times and as we come towards the end of our second week of school & nursery closure, I wanted to reflect on the last 2 weeks.

Our learning community buildings are now open as Key Worker Hubs and I want to take this opportunity to thank all of our staff in helping to set up the hubs and in their continued volunteering to ensure that key worker children are safe and looked after during the day.

Secondly, we have all – staff, parents/carers and children – had to get used to learning through GLOW Teams and our Learning Blog.  This has taken time and I know that children have been particularly frustrated when they have been unable to access their learning on Teams.  This issue is no doubt due to the large numbers of people across the world who are all trying to use Teams at the same time!  To make things a bit easier, teachers have also been sharing learning activities on our Learning Blog – https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/wl/harrysmuirps/  – and I would encourage you to check this when Teams is not working.  For our nursery pupils, family learning activities can be found at the following blog – https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/wl/ILandEblog/ .

It seems strange to think that we are coming towards the start of our Easter Break.  Whilst some of our staff continue to volunteer in the Key Worker Hubs, others will be taking a break from work and therefore they will not be engaging with Teams or posting learning activities on our blogs for the next fortnight.  If however you still wish your children to keep up a learning routine, there are other activities that can be found on the learning blogs and also watch out for Mrs Matthew’s Daily Challenge that she will continue to post each day.  Class teachers will begin posting more specific learning activities from Tuesday 21st April.

If you need to get in contact with the school office or any member of staff, you can call the school main office on 01506 434501 or email us directly at wlharrysmuir-ps@westlothian.org.uk and we will try to get back to you as soon as we can.

Until then, I hope that you all have an opportunity to have some quality time with your families.  For those of you who are Key Workers, thank you for your continued hard work – it is very much appreciated !

Stay safe and thank you,

Tim Wallace,
Head Teacher,
tim.wallace@westlothian.org.uk

Easter letter 020420

Author: Miss Gorman

Primary 5 teacher at Harrysmuir Primary School, Ladywell, Livingston.