Dechmont Infant School Blog

Thoroughly Soggy Thursday! – 30th April

Morning Everyone,

Well I was woken to the sound of raindrops on the window this morning. I never understand why people don’t like rain it is definitely one of my favourite sounds! The sound of raindrops on a hard surface always reminds me of going camping and waking up to the pitter patter of raindrops on canvas. I can’t wait to go camping again after lockdown is over. What are you looking forward to after lockdown?

I don’t know about you but I love the rain (which is a good job living in Scotland) and I know later on we will be going puddle jumping as it is one of my wee girls favourite things to do when it’s wet. So I was inspired and added it to your family fun today. Put on your waterproofs if you have them as you will get soaked but I can guarantee it will fill you with joy and happiness. Grown ups join in too…you’re never too old to splash in puddles!

Here’s an old picture of us squelching in the mud! So much fun!

Enjoy today’s activities. I’ve seen some great work again yesterday. I love seeing you all working so well at home.

Happy puddle jumping

Love Mrs Short 😀

Daily Overview 

daily overview 20_04_30

Reading 

Reading starts today. Please read the information sheet first.

reading information ALL GROUPS

Jeffers reading 20_04_30

Seuss reading 20_04_30

Numeracy – word problems

Today I’ve added some challenge and a wee competition. Post your score out of 25 on twitter to see how you are getting on.

Digits word problems 20_04_30

Numbers word problems 20_04_30

Numicons word problems 20_04_30

HWB – online safety 

This is the last revision lesson today and then we will be moving onto the activities for our level.

thinkuknow-4-5s-home-activity-sheet-3

Science – P1: Senses P2/3: Sensory impairment and deprivation. 

P1 senses 20_04_30

P2 P3 senses experiments