Content for the blog

IMG_2217 (2)
Who was here?

As you will have noticed, Twitter seems to have taken over as the primary method of sharing our learning within the nursery. I like it because it’s quick, manageable and gives a snapshot of learning to let parents and families know what their children MIGHT have been involved in on a particular day. (The way nursery education is in the early years, child led/initiated learning is the main driving force behind what we do with the interjection of adult initiated provocations to extend interests and deepen learning and this can explain why your child may or may not have participated in the experience that is being tweeted about.)

The purpose of the blog to write longer posts about what is happening in nursery, share documents, expand on learning experiences and to create an online record of what has been happening in the nursery. It is not just the children who say “nothing much” when questioned about what they did today. Staff provide many experiences for the children, either daily or over a period of time, and it is impossible to remember exactly everything that we are doing.

By using Twitter, the blog and the dry wipe white board in the entrance hall we can triangulate information for everyone. There will always be a place for paper copies of newsletters and notes but using digital media is faster, cheaper and more creative.

So, I am looking for ideas and suggestions to extend the content of the blog.

• What would you like to see/read?
  • What kind of writing would you like to see? Jokes, interviews, other blog posts, blog links, links to informative  articles about early level education, etc, etc, etc
  • Important information regarding transition, holidays, upcoming events?
  • Guest posts by parents? You write it, email it to me and I will moderate and publish it? (obviously , for the sake of security, I cannot give out the admin password)
  • Children’s learning from home?

The list is endless and I am keen to include some content from parents and children. This will help us build our learning community and support the idea that learning happens everywhere and not just in the nursery or at home. The social media that we use @st_nin_nursery and this blog is only effective if we have consistent content and interaction through tweets, retweets and blog post comments. I am keen for more parents to get involved and be our online community builders, leading by example and encouraging others to join in. It is all good fun although it can be daunting… I hate writing on the staff room white board in case I spell something wrong and it is going to be read by a whole school of teachers!!

What do you think? Are you up for a challenge?

Please leave a comment below or e mail me at gw09morrisonsusan11@glow.sch.uk

Susan