About Us

As you will be aware, the Scottish Government has asked us to close on Friday 20th March 2020.

Every child should now have a home learning pack to be worked through over the coming weeks.

Every teacher has set up an individual class Twitter page which we will use to update our learners and families. Please follow your child’s class on Twitter.  You can also view  the  school Twitter feed at the right hand side of this page.

In addition to our class Twitter pages, you can access some general Home Learning ideas by clicking on the Home Learning 2020 page on this website.

Please click on the link below for the most up to date information from Stirling Council regarding COVID-19 Education and Learning.

COVID-19 Education and Learning

Image

PWelcome to Borestone Primary School! We are a school for children aged 3 to 12 and currently we have a nursery and 12 classes.  Our school can be found in the St Ninians’s area of Stirling.  For those of you who know your Scottish history, the school sits near to the site of the Battle of Bannockburn.  In case you are wondering when this battle took place, it was in the year of 1314 when King Robert the Bruce defeated King Edward II.  Unsurprisingly we are exceptionally proud of our links to Scotland’s history.

Borestone Primary is a fantastic school and we have lots of opportunities to learn new things and be involved in the decisions made in school.   We are also a Rights Respecting School so we know how important rights and responsibilities are.

Luckily we also have a vast playground to have fun and learn in.  Our outside space has been recently redesigned to include grassland, mounds, a sandpit, campfire area, stage, platforms and a growing area.  Not only that, we have a small wood nearby and we use it for outdoor learning.  Undoubtedly we have the best grounds in the whole of Stirling!

We hope you enjoy looking at the website and finding out more about our fabulous school!

5 thoughts on “About Us”

1. Hi Gillian,
    I am a student at SRUC and I am trying to gauge interest from local schools regarding my proposal to install a boardwalk and interpretation at Wester Moss SSSI. If you would be interested in completing my survey and want to know more about my proposal please contact me.
    Hope you had a nice Easter break and hope to hear from you soon.

2. Hi there, we are moving to the area very soon, my daughter would be in primary 3. I was wondering if you have a breakfast club?

Regards

Nichola

1. Apologies for the delay in responding. Yes, we have a breakfast club which runs 5 days a week from 8.15am. It’s 50p a day which includes toast, cereal and a drink. Children need to arrive by 8.45am to get breakfast.
      Regards

Gillian Robertson

3. Good Morning,

I am working on behalf of Rowan Tree Publishing on the launch of a new edition of the classic children’s novel Light on Dumyat by Rennie McOwan. Light On Dumyat has been enjoyed by generations of children and this well loved adventure novel will be published in its fifth edition this year. The story is set locally and was part of the curriculum for many Primary Schools in and around Stirling.

We understand the importance of encouraging reading in schools and appreciate the challenge of engaging children with a story. The author’s daughter Lesley Andrews, would love to support the drive for children to read by coming into your school to do a short reading of Light on Dumyat. We feel the book is most suited to P5,P6,P7’s so would like to read to this age group if possible.

I have attached some links to our website and social media pages for you to have a look.

https://www.rowantreepublishing.co.uk/store/product/11_light-on-dumyat/

https://twitter.com/Rowantreebooks

https://www.facebook.com/rowantreepublishing/

Ideally we would like to do this reading the first week in October, just before the October break.

I really hope this is something we can work together on. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Kind Regards

Tammy Barron
    07725591875

1. I have passed this on to Amy McAnish, our PT who has responsibility for reading. She will get back to you asap.

Regards

Gillian Robertson