Wednesday Challenge

Good Morning🙂
(This week’s Wednesday challenge is the same as last Wednesday)

This week I am looking for some architects (The people who plan and draw before anything is built) and some builders.

This week’s challenge is a good one to do indoors. IKEA has created these instructions for building furniture forts during lockdown and it got me thinking. I BET our class can come up with some amazing creations. You can use whatever you have around your house – indoors or outdoors – to build your very own tents, forts, caves, dens or castles. Please make sure your grown up knows what you are up to and what you’re planning on using (to make sure it’s safe and not too destructive!)

If you want to be an architect, rather than a builder, read below :

Remember planning and designing is extremely important! Houses, cars and any sort of inventions all need to be thought about carefully first before the hard hat and tools can even be brought out. Think about the materials you may need and how it’s going to look. It would be a good idea to draw/design your fort to plan how you are going to achieve it. If you want to get involved but don’t fancy building this week. You could be an architect! You can draw/create your own instructions (IKEA style) for a mega furniture fort design.

Here are the ideas that Ikea have created.

Please send me all of your pictures –  I can’t wait to see what you get up to.

Good luck!

Miss Laidlaw

X

One thought on “Wednesday Challenge

1. This week I have been working hard with my dad. I have been out side in my padding pool enjoying the ☀️ I’ve also been playing dolls with my mum, and enjoyed building a den. Hope you have a lovely weekend, Lucy.