Check in!

This is our weekly check in station. Just the same as last week, please leave a comment to ‘check in’ and let us know how you all doing 🙂 This can be just a simple ‘Hello’ or even a sentence about how you are or something you have been doing this week.

I have had a fun and busy week helping the Primary 1 and 2 boys and girls in Calderwood but I have been missing my own room 4 gang!

Miss Laidlaw

21 thoughts on “Check in!

1. Hi Miss Laidlaw,
    Rhys has been busy this week helping to make dinner and bake cakes. He’s went on nice walks and bike rides around Rutherglen. He’s been working hard practicing his spelling, maths and his least favourite…joined up writing! He’s enjoyed reading stories to me and his big sister. He’s missing all his friends loads and hopes to see you all soon.

2. Hello everyone, I’m checking in today too! Miss Laidlaw has given you lots of great jobs to do this week and it’s great to hear how busy you have been. I was wondering how you got on with your new spelling words this week? Did you remember to say, make/break, blend, read and write? I loved your Wednesday challenges and I can see how some of you got on….well done! I hope you managed to join in with the Harry Potter tour – it was fantastic! I was lucky enough to visit Glenfinnan Viaduct last year although I haven’t managed to ride on the Hogwarts Express yet. Miss Laidlaw and I are very proud of all your hard work and that you are remembering to have lots of fun too. I am missing you all but I love seeing your great photographs so please keep sending them in, if you can. Have a great weekend everyone!

Mrs McGarveyx

3. Hi Miss Laidlaw. Amy has been busy this week doing her school work, playing with her barbies and riding her bike to the park. Have a good weekend!

4. Louise aka Luna Morgan absolutely loved the virtual trip to Hogwarts this week. She is interested in knowing other wizard names. She has been busy making cupcakes and new outfits for her barbies who have a big pool party to go to this weekend. We have also started listening to the first Harry Potter book which is great.

5. I hope to see all of my friends soon I can’t wait to go back to school. I have been outside playing with my big brother and I have been doing school work with my dad .😊

6. Libby is missing all the room 4 gang but was excited to wave at Anna-Rose through the window to wish her happy birthday on Sunday. She has been practicing very hard for a virtual choir as part of her theatre school and also doing lots school work too. She’s enjoying the BBC Bitesize website and has been working on a project to learn about the different States in American, which has given her a chance to catch up with family and friends who live there or have been there on holiday. Lovely to hear how everyone else is doing. Stay safe!

7. Hi Miss Laidlaw I hope you are well and it’s my birthday tomorrow. I have been making things for my gran, grandpa and auntie. I have been making lots of lego builds . I have also been practising my writing, doing maths and reading lots of books to my baby sister. I have been out on my scooter. I miss you and all my friends. Love from Sophia x

8. Hi Miss Laidlaw
    Caoimhe has been doing lots of school work, some arts and crafts and has been baking cupcakes with her brother. She says hi to everyone in Room 4. Hope you’re well and thanks for all the work on the blog. Caoimhe’s off to build her spaghetti tower with her dad later x

9. Hi miss Laidlaw, Oscar checking in!

We have been busy doing maths, scooting and biking round the local area, baking cakes and dropping them off at family (leaving them on the doorstep and saying hi from the garden), feeding and checking our tadpoles development. Oscar really enjoyed building his boat and testing it out in the tadpoles container, and the Harry Potter themed tasks, we went a bit off piste with that theme! I’m not to tell you Oscar snuck a little shot of a broomstick!! Oscar has been working on his spelling and joined up writing … but he’s made it very clear they are not his favourite!! He’s missing all of his friends and wanted to drop some cake off at their doorsteps earlier when we were doing our run!

10. Hi Miss Laidlaw
    Anna-Rose has had a great week. She really enjoyed her birthday on 26th and then more excitement two days later when a wobbly tooth finally fell out! She has continued to work on jobs from the blog and is getting out for walks and bike rides. She misses all her friends and says hello to everyone in Room 4 😁

11. Hi Miss Laidlaw

Zak’s been doing well this week and hasn’t really complained about doing the jobs you’ve suggested for him! He likes the number work best!
    We’ve had a bit of a boring week as I’ve been working but Zak is excited for a Zoom meeting with Beavers tomorrow night and we’re going to go a big walk to say hello to granny and grandpa from their garden on Saturday 😊

Take care, Zak said you should have a rest after your busy days 😍

12. Hi Jacob has been working hard at his jobs. He enjoyed ‘the house that Jack built’ story. He (we all) loved the Harry Potter trip. Jacob created a potion to hypnotise his little sister and a cheeky ghost that haunts the great hall at Hogwarts. Jacob camped out in the garden at the weekend but was most excited at finding a rectangle shaped shreddie in the cereal box. Shoutout to jumpstart Jonny for increasing energy levels when needed. Will send some pics.

13. Hi Miss Laidlaw. Callum has been doing work on Study Ladder, out on his scooter and bike and building Lego. Hope you are ok and a big hello to everyone in room 4.

14. Hi Miss Laidlaw, we are having laptop sharing issues Neil is back at work and takes the laptop with him so we only have my phone, so going forward we will have to improvise, we are working on telling the time and times tables as it kind of worked in. This morning we made bouncy balls which was very cool and we have been out walks collecting sticks for a diy project, Olly also loves youtube 50 facts about ww1 so he has been writing down his favourite 3 facts and made a ww1 trench earlier in lockdown. We are.missing everyone very much and although being home is fun we also miss the routines a wee bit too 😘

15. Hi Miss Laidlaw,
    I’m missing you and all my friends.
    I have been doing school work with my dad. I have been doing my handwritting tasks and estimating number tasks.
    This week I painted rainbows onto rocks and made scones with my mum.
    Love Lois x

16. Hi Miss Laidlaw Callum has been busy on Study Ladder and going out on his scooter. He’s also been building lots of Lego. Hope you are ok and a big hi to all of room 4 👍

17. Hi, Harry has been busy with his maths and reading too- sometimes even reading a story for his little sister! He’s made a tank and plans to paint it this afternoon. He’s also been quite creative with his outdoor chalks until the rain washed it off that is…

18. Hi Miss Laidlaw
    Fraser enjoyed the Wednesday challenge and made a boat which he tested at a local park, he was delighted that it floated. He’s also been practising his joined up handwriting….which he’s not really enjoying!

19. Hi Miss Laidlaw, Lennox has been busy this week building a Bat Cave out of Lego, making flapjacks, and he found out what children did during WWI and then made a poster. He’s done a lot of the Harry Potter activities and has been doing well working through the maths jobs. He also did the Wednesday challenge yesterday to find out what floats.