Heathery Knowe PS and Nursery – Staffing Update

The children have settled well since returning from the Christmas holidays and are all focused and enjoying learning. I would like to take this opportunity to update you on staffing changes that are in place for the term ahead.

Primary 5 (Room 7): Mrs Spence is absent from work. Mrs Kerr, who has worked at Heathery Knowe PS for some time and knows the children well, has taken over as class teacher for Primary 5 (Room 7). Mrs Spence is hoping to be able to return to work before the Summer holidays and we would like to send our best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Primary 4/5 (Room 6): Following a period of absence, Mrs Caldwell has made the decision to resign from her teaching post at Heathery Knowe PS. Miss Hunter will continue to teach in Room 6 on a Monday and Tuesday. I would like to thank Mrs Caldwell for her contribution to Heathery Knowe PS and Nursery and wish her well in her new venture.

Senior Leadership Team; Mrs French will oversee the day to day running of Heathery Knowe PS and Nursery whilst I am supporting Castlefield PS and Nursery. I will continue to lead on all strategic developments for Heathery Knowe PS and Nursery and work closely with the Senior Leadership Team during this period. Mrs McGee and Miss Wharton will support Mrs French by sharing the role of acting Depute Head Teacher. Miss Wharton will continue to teach P7 (Room 10) Monday – Wednesday and Mrs McGee will continue to teach P3 (Room 4) Wednesday – Friday.

Supply Teachers: I am pleased to welcome Miss McLaughlin and Miss Cooper to Heathery Knowe PS on a temporary basis to cover absences. Miss McLaughlin and Miss Cooper have settled well into the school and are getting to know the children and staff.

Mrs Munn: On behalf of everyone at Heathery Knowe PS and Nursery, I extend our congratulations and best wishes to Amy and Simon Munn who celebrated the safe arrival of Miss Holly Munn in December 2022. Amy will take an extended break from work and we look forward to welcoming her back to school for keeping in touch days in the Summer term.

Thank you for your continued support.

Kind regards

Kirsty Duff