Day 21 Home Learning – 11/02/2021 with Ms McDougall

Ask someone to help you draw a circle (or use a paper plate) then write each letter of the alphabet in the circle.  Then ask someone to help you (or you can do it yourself if you feel confident) to cut a small line separating each letter.

Once you have done this, I would like you to take your plate out when you go for a walk or a bike/car ride.  As you spot things on your journey, I would like you to fold down the letter that matches what you spotted. Today on my walk I saw a dog, a house, a car, an umbrella (because it was raining so bad) and a tree so I have folded the letters c, d, h, t & u.

I wonder how many things you can spot and how many letters you can fold down?  I can’t wait to see.  You’ll notice I have drawn a smiley face in between z & a, this is an extra challenge to see if you can make someone smile today and if you do, fold it down 😊

As it’s nearly Valentine’s Day, I thought you could create your very own heart puzzle that will help you recognise that numbers have quantity.

First, see if you can draw a heart shape (or any shape you want) and if you need help, ask someone to help you, then cut the shape out and cut a line down the middle (either a straight line, squiggly line or jaggy line, whatever you want).  Then ask an adult or older sibling if you have any to write numbers 1-10 (or higher if you feel you can do it) on one side of your cut out shape and dots/hearts/squares on the other side.

Mix it all up then try to match the number with the number of on the other side of your shape.  I can’t wait to see what ideas you come up with to make your very own puzzle 😊

Health and wellbeing

You will need your playdough for this activity. Today we are going to use our playdough to create a maze. Use the link below to find out how to create your maze. (if you need a playdough recipe Ms Canning video link is also added below).

Playdough maze

Making Playdough