Information for Weekly Work (Blog Post 1)

Hi Room 13…

Missing you lots already!

See the source image

I hope you have had a lovely weekend and are keeping yourselves safe and healthy!

There will be a number of blog posts uploaded each week so please make sure you are checking for updates on this page regularly.

The plan for just now is… I will upload a number of tasks every Monday and this will be tasks for the whole week.  It will be up to you to select which tasks you wish to complete each day.  Maintaining a routine during the time period where you off is so important.

I have uploaded a weekly timetable template for you to use.  If you open the document on Word, you can fill this in using a computer / laptop.  Or, you may wish to print this off and write in your daily tasks by hand.

To make sure you are keeping your brain working each day, I would recommend choosing at least one literacy task (this would be reading, spelling or writing), one maths task and one PE task.  Keeping yourself moving and getting outdoors (even though it will mostly only be into your garden) is very important to make sure you are staying healthy and active as much as possible.

There is a space to record the work you have done each week at the bottom of the timetable.  My hope is that you will fill this out every week, even adding thoughts of how you were feeling or challenges you want to set yourself for next week and then send this over to me and I will put these all together and we can look back on all your great work when we are back in class (hopefully!)

My aim will be to get the weekly work posted on the blog no later than 11am every Monday morning.

The link for the weekly timetable can be found below:

Room 13 Weekly Work Planner

I have also added an example timetable so you can see the variety of tasks you should be aiming to complete each week.

The first example is a simple timetable, where you may want to just select the subjects you want to focus on each day:

TASK 1 TASK 2 TASK 3 TASK 4
MON Reading Maths Spelling PE
TUE PE Writing Art Maths
WED Maths PE Spelling HWB
THU PE Reading Maths Topic
FRI Outdoor Learning Maths PE Writing

The second example is a more detailed weekly plan, where you may wish to select the subject and the task to complete:

TASK 1 TASK 2 TASK 3 TASK 4
MON Reading

The Explorer

Maths

Learn Its

Spelling

Pyramid Writing

PE

Joe Wicks Youtube

TUE PE

15 minutes fitness

Writing

Sci-Fi Story

Art

Mindfulness Colouring

Maths

Daily 10

WED Maths

Create a maths game

PE

Go Noodle

Spelling

Complex sentences

HWB

Create a poster about hygiene

THU PE

15 minutes fitness

Reading

The Explorer

Maths

20 minutes on Sumdog

Topic

President Presentation

FRI Outdoor Learning Maths

Big Maths Beat That

PE

Friday Funday – get outdoors and play your favourite sport

Writing

Weekly diary entry

Weekly planner example  (Copy of both timetables on Word)

I would love to be able to share all your amazing work on the blog each week so please take lots of photos, videos or send me over your weekly diary entry and I can share this too.   Try to take photos without your face being in it, as I cannot share photos of you online but I can definitely share photos of your amazing work!

Thank you to those who sent me lovely emails over the weekend!  It was a very emotional day on Friday, but hopefully we will be back together sooner than we think.

I realise that is a lot of information so please take your time to read through all of this very carefully.

Any questions, queries or even if you want to just check in… please leave me a comment or send me an email.  I am checking my emails and the blog daily so I will get back to you as quickly as I can.

Stay safe and will speak to you soon.

Miss M x

2 thoughts on “Information for Weekly Work (Blog Post 1)”