🎄MERRY CHRISTMAS🎄

Merry Christmas Room 13!

Just wanted to say a quick thank you for such a wonderful week to finish off term 1! Lots of Christmas activities, our P4-7 quiz, a snowball fight during our P7 party, a movie morning, buddy golden time and of course (as a Room 13 tradition) a game of chaos tig to finish off the week!

I cannot thank you enough for your incredibly thoughtful Christmas gifts… it really is too kind!

I hope you have the most amazing and magical Christmas with your friends and family.  Make sure you enjoy every second of your time off… I can’t wait to hear all about it when you get back!

Merry Christmas Room 13, and when it comes have a Happy New Year! 🎉

Love and Christmas Wishes

Miss M 🎄☺️

It’s Almost Christmas!!

Happy final Monday Room 13!

First of all I would just like to say a massive well done for putting on a week of amazing Christmas performances!  Your singing and dancing was fantastic and the audience clearly loved your songs!

A huge thank you must go to all my P6’s and P7’s who have helped throughout the week with stage organisation, nativity, selling raffle tickets and generally helping out with the Christmas performances.  The shows would not have run as smooth as they did without your help!

Image result for elf - santa is coming to town movie scene

I cannot believe how quickly this term has come and gone… however the busiest week is still to come!

Of course there is no homework this week (I would never be that mean!).  We have far too many fun and festive things in store for you instead!

Image result for tis the season clipart

Monday – We will be having a Room 13 Quiz to prepare us for the quiz later on in the week with the other classes.  Make sure your brush up on your Victorian, Christmas and General Knowledge!

Wednesday – Our school trip! Please make sure you bring a jacket and a packed lunch with you.

Thursday – P4-P7 quiz in the morning and then P7 you have your Christmas party after lunch! Please remember to bring your festive party clothes with you.

Friday – Movie morning (whole school), PE after lunch (I’m happy, as usual for you to bring joggies or leggings as we will be going outside)… perhaps a surprise at the end of the day… and an early finish for us all at 2:30pm and then the holidays can begin!

Looking forward to seeing you all for our last week of classes in 2019!

Image result for 2019 clipart

Let’s make this the best week so far!

Miss M 🙂

Christmas countdown is on!

Tis the week of the Christmas shows, so I hope you are all ready to give a week of truly festive performances!

Room 13 has been struck down with the sickness bug for the last two weeks, so it was lovely to have (almost) everyone back in class on Friday… it’s been far too quiet without all my wonderful pupils!

I do realise that this will affect where everyone is at with their reading book.  Therefore, I ask, if you have not already, please read to the end of Chapter 8 by Friday.  If you have already completed this, then there is no reading homework for this week.  Hopefully this will give everyone a chance to catch up!

Image result for row of candy canes clipart

I also realise that this is an incredibly busy time for everyone, therefore I have listed some suggested activities for homework and it is up to you which ones you complete.

Maths – Your ability to recall your times tables has improved immensely since August.  There’s now a good number of you who can beat me in class! But can you beat the people at home?  Try a game of ‘Beat the Family’ and see who comes out on top!

Art – My Christmas tree is still looking a little bare 🙁 I would love to see if you can find some materials at home (possibly ones that you would be recycling anyway) and make me a Christmas decoration for the tree!

HWB – At this time of year it is very easy to forget that it can be a very stressful time for some people (especially your parents!).  I have a class of such kind and thoughtful young people and I would love for other people to recognise this too.  Your mission is to carry out some random acts of kindness and then share them with me in class.  This might be helping with chores, helping people in school, donating something to those in need over Christmas (I’m sure you can think of loads more!).

Again this is your choice to complete these… but hopefully there will be some amazing things to talk about at the end of the week!

Image result for the best way to spread christmas cheer

Please remember your Christmas outfits for the shows this week.  If you could bring them in a bag with your name on it, that will reduce the chance of things getting lost!

Permission forms for our trip on the 18th December must also be returned this week, if they have not been already.

I can’t wait for everyone to see you perform on stage!

Let’s have a great week!

Miss M 🙂

Happy December!! 🎄☃️🎁

Happy Monday (and December) Room 13!

We are now officially on the run down to Christmas and I hope you are as excited as I am!

Same homework tasks to be completed this week.

Our final rehearsals are next Monday! Please make sure you have your song lyrics memorised, so we can start adding some dance steps this week.

Could you also start looking out things that you might want to wear for these performances.  This could be a Christmas jumper / top, earrings, Santa hat, hairband, hair bobble or some tinsel.

For ‘Street Child’ please read to the end of Chapter 8.  Please make sure you are keeping up with the class novel, as we will have a reading assessment during class next week.  The questions will be based on Chapters 1 – 8, therefore it is extremely important that you have read all of these chapters.

Christmas decorations will be going up this week, so please come to class with some festive spirit and amazing singing voices at the ready!

Let’s have a great week everyone 🙂

Miss M 😀