In wider achievement  this term we have been doing model yachting. We had to go to the Houl loch where we had two yachts for us to sail up and down the loch, we had to unclip the main sail and jib to sail down wind.  That is called tacking.  We also had to turn the boats around and set them going back either down or back up the loch. The first two or three weeks we were practicing in the smaller part of loch just to get better at all of the things you had to do, but after we had done that we started having races up and down the loch.

“I enjoyed really the whole lot of what we were doing , some new skills I have picked up from this are watching and finding where the boat would come ashore so that i could catch it and learning how to set the sails so the boat goes in the right direction.”  (Lee)

“What I enjoyed about it was that we met people who had a lot of experience with the model yachts and showed us how to hook and unhook the sails. Skills I picked up from this wider achievement were  how to know what the direction of the wind.” (James)

We would like to say thank you to the sailing club for letting us have this experience.  We enjoyed it very much.