South Mainland Virtual Sports Day & PICNIC

South Mainland Virtual Sports Day

I hope you are all getting excited about our annual sports day? Please click on the GREEN – South Mainland Virtual Sports Day. There is nothing to stop us from enjoying this annual event. We can do this. The  focus will be on FUN and involving as many of the FAMILY as possible.

All we need is:-

1 A fine day  (picked by the children)                                                                        2 An organiser (children’s responsibility);                                                          3  Equipment (children’s responsibility);                                                              4 Picnic Food (children’s responsibility)                                                                5 Music (picked and set up by the children)

The Powerpoint Presentation in GREEN above, shows your children how to host their own sports day so that you, the adults, can sit back and watch them and RELAX. After they have finished their 10 selected events, the children then prepare a PICNIC for you and them to ENJOY whilst relaxing music is playing in the back ground. It’s not finished yet, then children organise an obstacle course for anybody to join in safely. Adapt the course for different ages and abilites and strengths. Last of all, the children CREATE their own race / event and adapt it so everyone can join in, adapting it where necessary.

There will be a certificate for all who took part including family. There will be certificates for the funniest  photos, happiest group, best obstacle course, best event created and BEST PICNIC. Please send to me on gw08smithjoan@glow.shetland.sch.uk

Guess who has to tidy up? Yes you are right, the children have to tidy up the equipment and the picnic. There is one last important part to be done:-

Fill in the SCORE SHEET and the REFLECTION SHEET in your child’s Class Notebook in the HWB pupil section in TEAMS.

I am looking forward to seeing and hearing all about the sports days that took place and the memories created.

Thank you for reading this, Mrs Joan Smith PE Teacher

Week 6 PE Challenge – Create your own Obstacle Course

Enjoy a small video of how you can create your own obstacle course in your garden as shown by Owen McClelland (P12)  and Innes Watson (P23). These 2 videoed their work and emailed to me on gw08smithjoan@glow.shetland.sch.uk      These are super- well done.

https://glowscotland-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/gw08smithjoan_glow_sch_uk/ESo52TMWqFhEpeeB1UvlTV0Bb0LbvOaAd7KKW_cqRY2x4g?e=iuno6d

You are all doing a great job keeping fit and healthy. Thank you for trying the PE challenges and keep letting me know what challenge you would like to see for future weeks. I like you to take the lead. For next week’s PE, I will need you to find and keep a cardboard box to  create a basket. For week 11 and week 12’s, I am hoping to hold a virtual Family South Mainland Fun Mini Olympics. I am hoping to reward everyone who takes part in this event, with a lockdown certificate for your effort. (These will be handed out when it is safe to do so.) There will also be a certificate for the best picnic laid on by a child and also a certificate for greatest family participation.