S2/3 Spanish

In S2 and S3 you will have two periods of Spanish a week.

You will be introduced to the basic structures of the language as well as the culture of the countries where Spanish is spoken.

The course consists of 3/4 modules per year, which will allow you to master specific communicative functions, such as:

• Introduction to Spanish: greetings, saying how you feel, colours and numbers.
  • All about me: saying your name, your birthday, describing people, family and friends.
  • My free time: saying what you do in your free time, expressing likes and dislikes and giving reasons.
  • My school: talking about my timetable and school subjects, expressing likes and dislikes, describing my school.
  • My life: saying what I use my mobile phone for, saying what type of music I like and dislike, saying what type of television programmes I like/ prefer, saying what I did yesterday.
  • Food: saying what I like/ don’t like to eat and drink, saying what I have for breakfast/ lunch/ dinner, ordering a meal in a café or restaurant.
  • Holidays: talking about different countries, saying where you go on holiday, saying what the weather is like.

In addition, you will be introduced to cultural aspects of Spanish speaking countries through individual lessons and modules focussing on culture:

• Spanish speaking countries
  • European Day of Languages
  • El Día de los Muertos (the Day of the Dead)
  • Christmas
  • Carnival
  • Easter