Images

Marine Conservation Society

P6 had a great afternoon with Tara from the Marine Conservation Society. She mainly talked about the leatherback turtle which is an endangered species of turtle because humans keep eating their eggs and because we are polluting the sea with plastics which they eat and which kill them.

Tara  told us that we need to be careful not to drop any plastic/litter on the beaches because the turtles could eat it and die.

We played a game with Tara to see how long it took different pieces of litter to dissolve in the sea.

Alana said, “I’ll never leave any littler on the beach again.”

Katie told us that she didn’t know how many different species there are in our seas.

Iona said, “I thought it was very interesting and it made me feel guilty at what I throw away.”

Reporters: Abbie and Rebecca.

Growth Mindset

We are promoting Growth Mindsets to help our pupils realise their full potential. In today’s lesson we had fun thinking about “What makes a great teacher?” I thought I’d share some of the characteristics and behaviours the pupils thought they like in a teacher:

“Not be too strict but make sure the work gets done, make sure there’s no conflict, boost self-esteem, encouraging, helps people, understanding, firm but fair, good sense of humour, always happy, cheerful, funny and kind, bubbly, trustworthy, growth mindset, allows everyone to have their say, don’t have a teacher’s pet, set a good example, don’t compare one person to another, not biased, not violent, don’t say rude stuff, don’t swear, a role model.”   🙂