Happy birthday, Rabbie Burns!

This year, Rabbie Burns’ Day falls on Saturday the 25th of January, but because we don’t come to nursery on a Saturday… We decided to celebrate his day on Friday! Before trying traditional haggis, neeps and tatties, we discussed who Rabbie Burns was and why he was so important to the people of Scotland. We learned a few Scottish songs, too!

M: “I know Three Craws!”
C: “I know Ally Bally!”
E: “He was a farmer!”
O: “He wrote songs for girls.”

Well done, boys and girls! We also sang “You cannae shove yer granny aff a bus” and “I went to my Auntie Sarah’s.” We also found out that if Rabbie Burns was still alive, he would have been 261 years old on the 25th January 2020! WOW!

During the celebration we joined in some highland dancing and we even tossed our own caber! The boys and girls showed really strong muscles as well as great risk assessment when tossing the caber in a safe direction – well done!

Happy Rabbie Burns’ Night, everyone! We hope you enjoy your haggis, neeps and tatties!