Let’s vote!

We have had lots and lots of fantastic ideas for our large group activities this week! On one of the days, we couldn’t quite decide what game to play with everybody, but… Do not fear! One of the children had a brilliant idea to make a voting station! We decided to use two different colours of buttons and voting tubes, WOW! Every day we had a choice of two different stories, games, songs, physical activities, even Twiggle made an appearence! There was something different everyday and something fun for everybody!

While casting a vote, the boys and girls were using fabuluous mathematical language! We were talking about which tube has got more buttons and which tower is taller before counting the votes to find out what activity won that particular day! The boys and girls have had so much fun, they’ve been asking to “make a vote” everyday they come in to the nursery! One of the children even suggested that maybe next week we could have FOUR options to vote from… Now, we think that is a fantastic idea!

R: “What did you vote for?”
B: “Which story did you choose?”
A: “Can I count the buttons?”
G: “We need to count the buttons to see which one has got more inside!”
R: “I think the blue one is taller than red.”
S: “The blue one has got less buttons.”
I: “I can’t wait to have four games to choose from!”