“Can we go outside to play?”

OF COURSE WE CAN! That’s always our answer! We absolutely love playing and learning in our outside areas! When we came back to nursery after our Summer holidays, the boys and girls decided to freshen up our outdoor garden – we cleaned the whiteboard to make it nice and shiny, we used wet cloth to make the chalkboard ready for our mark-making and we did all of the dishes for the outdoor mud kitchen. What a fantastic job!

R: “I’m going to wet the cloth to clean the chalk off that board.”
G: “Can I spray the water on the whiteboard?”
J: “We need to dust off the mud kitchen.”
O: “But the rain will clean it too!”

To prepare our wellies for planting, we decided to give them a good wash! We used lots of warm soapy water to rinse off the dust and mud! We then put them up on our “washing line” for them to dry off and get ready for planting!

A: “Nice soapy bubbles. We need a bigger jug, it’s heavy!”
H: “I’m doing a good job.”
N: “We could put the wellies on washing line!”
K: “I know what we can plant in them, flowers!”
G: “We can grow peas too!”

When our garden was all nice and ready for us to play again, we had so much fun! From making mud dinners, ice cream and soup, to jumping off the steps and playing lots of games!

And the best part of all…? While the boys and girls were working very hard on the outside area, they all sang together: “WHAT’S GONNA WORK? TEAMWORK!”.

You are all superstars, boys and girls! You all get a HUGE thumbs up from all of the ladies!