The sciences framework provides a range of different contexts for learning which draw on important aspects of everyday life and work.
Learning in the sciences will enable me to:
- develop curiosity and understanding of the environment and my place in the living, material and physical world
- demonstrate a secure knowledge and understanding of the big ideas and concepts of the sciences
- develop skills for learning, life and work
- develop the skills of scientific inquiry and investigation using practical techniques
- develop skills in the accurate use of scientific language, formulae and equations
- apply safety measures and take necessary actions to control risk and hazards
- recognise the impact the sciences make on my life, the lives of others, the environment and on society
- recognise the role of creativity and inventiveness in the development of the sciences
- develop an understanding of the Earth’s resources and the need for responsible use of them
- express opinions and make decisions on social, moral, ethical, economic and environmental issues based upon sound understanding
- develop as a scientifically-literate citizen with a lifelong interest in the sciences
- establish the foundation for more advanced learning and future careers in the sciences and the technologies.