Welcome to P2/1’s Blog

Hi everyone

I hope you all had a lovely weekend.

We had a lovely first week in P2/1. Everyone has settled in really well and we are all making new friends within the class.

Our P.E. days are on a Wednesday and Friday. If you have not already done so, please ensure that your child has appropriate kit which will be kept in school in a gym bag. Please also ensure that your child wears polo shirts on these days and that any long hair is tied back. Any jewellery should ideally be left at home on these days please.

As we will be going outside in all weathers, please ensure that your child comes to school wearing appropriate clothing, especially on rainy days! A waterproof jacket with a hood on it and welly boots can be left in school (optional.)

Book bags will start to come home this week. Most children have already brought their book bag into school but if you have not sent one in with your child yet, please do so as soon as possible. I will check book bags and homework diaries daily.

On Thursday, we will be starting Read and Munch. Please provide your child with a healthy snack (fruit or vegetables) and a book of their choice to read each week, on this day. Children are also free to choose from the class library if they wish.

I am really looking forward to getting to know and working with you and your child this year. If you have any questions or queries throughout the year, please so not hesitate to get in touch. My door is always open!

Here is to a great week ahead.

Miss Cruickshank