Sing Noel

Welcome!

A discussion on Facebook reminded me that this album was recorded 40 years ago. I was a member of the Senior and Chamber Choirs and, remember the cold, cold day when we turned up at St John’s Kirk in the centre of Perth to record it.

It seems like only yesterday… it wasn’t.

For what it’s worth, I am now a teacher at Perth High School… believe me, if you’d have told me back then that I would become a teacher at the old school, I’d have laughed bits off! Now, I’m looking forward to finishing my teaching career in the new PHS that we are promised… Full circle, anyone?

You can download the files as a Zip archive, or play them on the site … and I can only apologise for quality. This was a much loved album in Chez Winton and was played to death… If anyone can point me at a pristine copy, or can do miracles with reviving sound, let me know and I’ll gladly replace them with better copies. Anyway, that’s enough of me prattling on… you want the carols!

All the best,

Neil Winton

DOWNLOADABLE FILES AS A ZIP FILE

Track 1: O Come All Ye Faithful

Track 2: Pat-a-Pan

Track 3: I Saw A Maiden

Track 4: Sir Christémas

Track 5: The Infant King

Track 6: Sans Des Carols

Track 7: Nativity Carol

Track 8: Hark, The Herald Angels Sing

Track 9: New Year Carol

Track 10: Baloolalow

Track 11: Past Three O’Clock

Track 12: How Far Is It To Bethlehem

Track 13: Myn Lyking

Track 14: Noel Nouvelet

Track 15: Shepherd’s Farewell