Weekend Event

Sincere thanks to the pupils who turned out on Saturday past to sing in M&Co and in the Wellmeadow.  Mrs Johnston was happy not to be singing a solo and is grateful to those who came along even if they aren’t in the choir.  m-and-co-pic

CHOIRS

Mrs Johnston is delighted to have 65 pupils from P4-P7 who are keen to come along to an after school choir. The choir will start this forthcoming Monday – 21st November and will run in term time from 3.15pm-4pm in the music room.  We will mostly be learning the songs for the GLEE competition which is at the end of April 2017. Seems like a long way off but we will need the practice time.

The Nativity choir is still on a Monday lunchtime but sadly most weeks many pupils forget to come along. We are due to sing at the switching of the lights on ceremony next Saturday – 26th November at round 4.15pm. Mrs Johnston hopes she doesn’t have to sing solo!

A small group of solo singers will be entertaining the folks down at Beech Manor Care Home on Thursday 15th December in the afternoon. This will be in school time but letters will go out nearer the time.

After the Christmas break the Perform in Perth choir will be during skills hour. I plan to select 30 pupils from P2-P7 for this choir.  I am hoping the pupils will be honoured to have been chosen and be happy to come along to skills hour. We won’t sing for the entire hour.

New Term

We have had a very busy start to the new term in the music room. Mrs Johnston has held auditions for the soloists for Christmas and is delighted to have 9 pupils who have made it to the finals! More details later!

Pupils are learning the songs for our Christmas Nativity which is Tinsel and Tea Towels and Mrs Johnston is enjoying teaching those songs.

Mrs Johnston is very happy and excited this morning. Last night I received confirmation that Newhill has been accepted for the GLEE competition this year! WOW! I will be checking the songs out from this weekend! More news later!