Crieff High School

Welcome from Mr Donnelly, Campus Leader / Headteacher

It is my honour and privilege to welcome you to Strathearn Community Campus which incorporates Crieff High School. I believe that partnership working is essential to improving outcomes and life chances for our young people and our wider school community.

Tuesday 22nd October 2019 marks one year since my first day in this role and throughout my first year in post I have sought views of young people, teaching and non-teaching staff, parents and carers as well as our wider partners to fully understand where we are as a school community.

Our collaborative approaches to self-evaluation has identified areas of strengths and areas where opportunities for improvement exist. We have strategically planned to improve outcomes for young people by identifying 3 areas of school improvement. These are:

• Self-evaluation for self-improvement
  • Learning, teaching and assessment
  • Ensuring wellbeing, equality and inclusion

I believe that excellent learning and teaching supports young people to improve their attainment and achievement outcomes. This will support them here at Crieff High School, and also when they decide to leave us to enter a positive, sustainable destination such as University, College, Employment, Volunteering or Training.

Within learning, teaching and assessment we have identified a further 3 areas of priority, namely:

• Young people leading learning
  • Differentiated learning to meet the needs of all young people
  • Questioning and Feedback

Young people throughout the course of the school year will be asked for their views on the 3 above areas, across all subject areas, to support our self-evaluation on how we can further enhance the learning and teaching experience to improve outcomes for young people.

Everyone is welcome at Strathearn Community Campus. Please be in touch particularly if you have a success story to share.

Thank you for your ongoing support.

John Donnelly

Campus Leader/Headteacher