Crieff High School

A happy school where each individual is valued and encouraged to do their best.

Welcome from Mr Donnelly, Campus Leader / Headteacher

It is my honour and privilege to welcome you to Strathearn Community Campus which incorporates Crieff High School.

Thursday 22nd October 2020 marks two years since my first day in this role and throughout my first two years in post I have regularly sought the views of our school community to fully understand our areas of strength and areas for development and, thereafter, to lead improvements in those areas to enhance the pupil experience and improve outcomes for our young people.

In doing so, our collaborative approaches to self-evaluation have identified three areas where opportunities for improvement existed.

These are:

• Self-evaluation for self-improvement
  • Learning, teaching and assessment
  • Ensuring wellbeing, equality and inclusion

Undoubtedly, there have been improvements in all three areas over the last two years, yet, headroom continues to exist for further improvement.

Young people throughout the course of each school year will be asked for their views regularly on the three above areas (and more) to support our self-evaluation on how we can further enhance the learning and teaching experience to improve outcomes for young people.

Clearly, COVID-19 has impacted on all of us in different ways but I am incredibly proud of how our full school community has responded to such a challenge. During this time a focus on the wellbeing of all and the continuation of learning for young people has been our central focus and this has been underpinned by regular communication throughout a period of school closure and re-opening.

Thank you to you all for being such a great source of continued support for our young people and for our staff, it is greatly appreciated.

John Donnelly

Campus Leader/Headteacher