Life in Lockdown

Alisha Thomson 

Photo of a Dutch spotted Texel ram lamb. Stenness. Alisha Thomson.

While in lockdown, I have mostly been doing school work and FaceTiming with friends and family.  It is different talking to family through a screen, but at least I can speak to family in some way.

At the start of Lockdown my Mum and I went for a walk each day around where we live. I have been for a few cycles when it has been sunny.

The weather has been really good during lockdown. This is a good and a bad thing: we can go outside in the garden, but we cannot go to the beach as often as we would have.

My dad has a farm. As lambing has started, I stayed with with him to help on the farm. There were lots of caddy lambs to feed every day. Since the weather was so good, most of the lambs were able to go outside and enjoy jumping and running in

all the fields. There was one special lamb whose mum had died, so I named him Bill, after my step-grandad.

Daffodil bud.
Alisha Thomson