Parent Council Chair Person

Welcome to Woodlands Primary School Parent Forum, I am Kirsty Murray and I am the Chair Person for the Parent Council. I would like to welcome back all of the children and staff and hope all of the new primary one and nursery children are settling well.

The Parent Council meet every 2 months and we are there to represent all of the parents and carers of the school, our aim is to work in partnership with the school and support children and families. We meet together to discuss possible fundraising activities and events and are involved in supporting the on-going work of the school. We have a strong relationship with the Head Teacher and all staff allowing us to work together to ensure the best education for all children including supporting the school improvement agenda.

The Parent Council are always looking for ways of involving parents in the life of the school and would welcome new members, ideas and support. If you are interested in being part of the Parent Council please contact the school office. Our AGM and first meeting of the new school session will take place on Wednesday 13th of September at 6pm in the school and everyone is welcome.