Power off and Learning Outside

Success – A Fantastic Outdoor Learning Day

The day just flew by as the children spent a healthy day outdoors working with nature and learning about the environment.

Learning to be Creative with Nature

First the children visited Nature’s Rest to gather natural materials. Look at the wonderful job they made of creating their own boxes of nature.

Team work

P6 and P5/6 worked as a team to get the hoop around our obstacle course. They worked well together and rose to the challenge completing it in under 6 minutes!

Improved Fitness

Building on their achievements from Sports Relief the children opted to do 10 laps of the pitch. Well done everyone!

Mud Art

P6 thoroughly enjoyed creating masterpieces using mud and natural materials. I’m sure you’ll agree their work is very imaginative.

Elise shared, “I loved the mud art. We got really creative and some people had great ideas!”

“I felt it was fun and exciting. I enjoyed mud art and learned about different leaves,” Sophie noted.

Exploring Nature

Some of the children would like to work with animals and in wildlife when they grow up and really enjoyed finding things out for themselves using magnifying glasses.

Aaron commented, “Ienjoyed learning about animals because I want to be a vet.”

“I enjoyed looking for insects and using magnifying glasses to really look at them, ” Abbi enthused.

We had a tired, relaxed and happy group of children at the end of the day. Good job everyone!