Stepps Primary School

Growing Together, Learning Together, Achieving Together.

Kilbowie!

My highlight so far has been getting stuck in the mud trying to do a very long jump! My other thing was going to the top of the mountain. I can’t wait to jump in the water! – Christopher

My favourite part so far was when we reached the summit. Then, we sat down at the top and ate the famous flap-jacks and had some black currant juice. After that, we went back down the hill and half way down all the boys but me got stuck in a bog! -Aiden

Today I went hill walking and it was fun- I was actually surprised is good it was. Me and my friend Frankie were always a way in front of the group as the leaders. There was caves to go through and big streams of water! It was so much fun. – Luke

so today I jumped off a huge cliff! On the way over to the Island it was chaos. Our team in charge of the canoe didn’t work too well together. Next time I would choose a crew of girls who work as part of a team. We have learned that we really should try to work together. I would also advise anyone jumping off of a cliff to pack a towel! I’m having a great time and love sleeping with all my friends at night. -Sarah

This morning we met Derek and then went on a safari. He was really funny, he kept making jokes about arm pits! We went out and fed the birds, Derek had a LOT of food. We met a bird called Dopey who had a dislocated leg and then when all the gulls flew away I got poo-ed on! Once we finished feeding the birds, Derek taught us loads about the environment. We set some traps and met a couple of voles. I can’t wait for gorge walking and skiing tomorrow! – Beth

with our instructor, we went out to the hills behind kilbowie. We walked along the beach at the front, climbing on the wall. Then wen wlkd up a steeeeerrp hill and Craig told us about a cave. When we got there we found a sleeping bag, which meant that someone must have been living there. There was lots of food wrappers, too! We walked HIGHER up the hill and saw lots of sheep poo. Ray ha and I ran up to the sheep but they ran away. When we reached the top it was so windy. Across from the mountain we were on we could see for miles and Craig taught us all about our surroundings. We rolly-pollyed down the hill and came back. Today was very very fun and we learned a lot. – Taylor