Stepps Primary School

Growing Together, Learning Together, Achieving Together.

French Bread Pizza Making

| 1 Comment

What an amazing afternoon we had on Tuesday 13th December.  As part of our Health and Wellbeing topic about food labelling and food preparation we had a French Bread Pizza making extravaganza in Primary 5/4.  We discussed all the important preparations needed before the making could begin including hand washing, clean area to work, laying out all the equipment, utensils and ingredients you need.

The class were taken in groups to create their pizza from a variety of toppings –  passata sauce, wafer thin ham, red onion, diced red, green and orange pepper, plum tomatoes, red cheddar cheese, white cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese.  We discussed the importance of making your toppings level so that the ingredients would cook evenly and not burn.  The French bread pizzas were put into the oven on a tray for about 8 minutes and were ready to be sampled and eaten if the children wished or taken home to show and share with the family.

The children were involved in different roles from taking pictures to washing dishes and helping with the clearing up and tidying after each group had created their fantastic French bread pizzas.  At the end of the lesson I asked some of the children in the class about what they learned from the pizza making and their opinions.  Here are some of the responses given.

“I enjoyed it because we were having fun and learning at the same time!”  (Olivia McCallum)

“I enjoyed it because when I go home I can make it again myself.”  (Jamie Guy)

“I liked it because you get to see, smell and touch the toppings.”  (Cara McColl)

“It was the best pizza I’ve ever made!”  (Aiden Laurie)

“I enjoyed it.  I would definitely do it again!”  (Aili Walker)

“I learned we didn’t need a pizza base to make a pizza.”  (Matthew Heggie)

“I really enjoyed pizza making in class and I can now make it at home as I liked it and you need very few ingredients.” (Sam Quinn)

“I really enjoyed learning to make pizza and I think I could make it at home now I know how to do it.” (Skye Naismith)

“I enjoyed it because we were learning and having fun.” (Naomi Hutton)

Here are just some of the many amazing photographs that were taken during our pizza making afternoon.  Many thanks to Mrs MacLeod and Mrs Miller for all their help and assistance in class.  We hope that we will have another cooking or baking session in class later in the school year.

dsc03640 dsc03599 dsc03639 dsc03660 dsc03626 img_0845 img_0870 img_0884 img_0881 img_0859 img_0937 dsc03606 dsc03654 img_0838 dsc03639 img_0885 img_0849 dsc03630

One Comment