The school has an effective anti-bullying policy. The following advice may be useful for parents.
In St. Edward’s we are very aware of the distress caused not only to children involved in bullying incidents, but also to parents who often feel anxious, angry or confused about the situation. We are aware too that the children who bully are often in need of help and support themselves. We make every effort to prevent bullying from taking place in our school.
Through programmes such as Circle Time and P.A.T.H.S we aim to:-
- build confidence and self esteem
- develop tolerance and respect for others
- have regard for their own needs and the needs of others
- develop life skills which will enable them to participate effectively and safely in society
- to express their fears and concerns appropriately
- to take positive action to deal with difficult life situations