St Bartholomew's Class Blog

P6a Daily Plan Friday 03.04.20

Good morning everyone! Here is today’s plan. Lots of activities to keep you busy on the last day before the holidays. If you need anything at all, just get in touch. Remember, just try your best 🙂

LITERACY

1. Story writing – Click on the picture to make it bigger.

You are going to use this setting to write your own story. I have added it to the Literacy section of Glow too. Look at the picture, what do you see? Read the sentence at the top, what does it tell you?

• You have a setting, decide on characters for your story, note them down.
  • Decide on a plot, what is the problem? What is the turning point in your story? There is a file to help you on Glow, with some ideas of what your story could be about.
  • Jot down a quick plan to keep you on track.
  • Start writing! I’ve put an example of an opening on the sheet on Glow. Use this if you like. Please send me your stories on Dojo, I can’t wait to read them.

Don’t worry if you don’t get your story finished today, we will come back to it. Remember what it is like in class when we are writing, it can take us longer than normal Literacy tasks 🙂

NUMERACY

2. Group 1 – Complete Questions 15-19 of Dividing decimals by 10 and 100 and Bodmas 03.04.20′. The Bodmas question is No.20, we will leave that for another day 🙂 Remember to divide decimals by 10, you move the digits one place to the right.

Group 2 – Complete ‘Addition Page 1 03.04.20’. We have looked at Subtraction using chimney sums. We looked at addition before this in class. Here is some revision to help you remember.

3. Sumdog – have some time on Sumdog, only if you get all of your tasks finished.

ART

4. Click on the image to make it bigger. These animals have been created using toilet roll / kitchen roll holders. Try to create your own, you can use whatever you like to colour them, pens or paint might be best, just make sure you clean up when you are finished. If you haven’t got toilet roll holders, why don’t you try making some animals out of other items you have at home. I can’t wait to see what you come up with! Have a great day of learning everyone!

Remember, I am here if you need me for anything at all, just get in touch.