Fun at Kelburn

On Thursday the boys and girls in Primary 6 had a fantastic trip to Kelburn Country Park near Largs. They had fun exploring the Secret Forest and on the adventure trail. They also had the chance to do some bushcraft!

Having fun in the outdoors
Having fun in the outdoors
This tree was blown down by the wind
This tree was blown down by the wind
Kelburn Castle in the background with its fabulous graffiti walls
Looking upstream
Looking upstream

I think they spied the witch in the Gingerbread House!
On top of the Giant's castle
On top of the Giant’s castle
At the centre of the maze of the Green Man
Sitting at the Giant's dining table
Sitting at the Giant’s dining table

Kelburn Shopping List

Kelburn have been in touch and have asked if we would like to preorder anything from their shop. These items will be made up ready for you to collect on the day. Here is a copy of their email:

Many schools and nursery groups are now asking for school packs to be made up from the gift shop.     These are pre-ordered and this means that the children get to take a souvenir  back from Kelburn. If this is of interest to you please find attached a sample of packs with prices list below.

Option 1:             Pen and horse sticker                                    – £3.00
Option 2:             Pencil and pencil sharpener                        – £1.50
Option 3:             Notebook and pencil                                      – £3.00
Option 4:             Pencil, rubber and horse sticker                – £2.00
Option 5:             Pencil and rubber                                            – £1.50

If you would like to pre order any of these items, please let Mrs Whomes know by Wednesday at the latest. Please DO NOT send any money into school. You can pay for the items you order on the day.

Travel Tracker

Our Class Graph
Our Class Graph

The children in Dunrobin have been using the Travel Tracker website to record how we get to school in the mornings. Each day, we record our journey. This graph shows that most children are active, choosing either to walk to school or to park and stride.  Once we have been active by walking, cycling or using park and stride for a whole month, we will start to receive reward badges. The more active we are, the more rewards we will receive. We are looking forward to seeing how many rewards we will achieve this month!

100 word challenge

Today  is the day I was eating my cornflake. Today was the BIG BIG BIG drum competition. I was trying for years. My brothers were always jealous  of me. It was ten am and I arrived. I was so excited. It was the semifinal. It had just about to start then a big lion had broken my drum.  We all went to hide in the waiting room the lion outside the waiting room danced around  at the door, the lion broke the door. Animal control got there just in time to stop the lion. We went home to eat dinner.

100 word challenge

“Boom, Boom, Boom went the drum

Rawr, Rawr said the lion

Crunch, Crunch went the cornflake

and woof woof went the dog”

Ben ran around beating pots and pans to the rhythm of the music ” Benjamin Ward get up here this minuet “

“oh no” said ben. When ben got up stairs his mum was pointing her finger into his room “clean up NOW” said bens mum so ben walked in and began tidying but when ben turned on the TV a realy exciting advert came on” Are you tired of tidying your room then phone us” so I phoned them £200 “oops!”

100 word challenge week 30

100 word challenge

yesterday I was in the exciting town of Glasgow .first we  went to the zoo and saw a big lion then I went to get some cereal I got cornflakes and  dropped a cornflake on the floor  .then we went some shopping then  we went to the vamps concert they played a drum and danced it was so amazing then we went to Frankie and bennys I got pizza and my mum got  a pizza aswell  . I got a mocktail it had orange juice , lemonade ,grenadine and  ice ,my mom got a cocktail it had  lemonade , wine  then I went home

100 Word challenge

Today me and my family went to the zoo. The coolest thing  was the lions. When we came out there was a parade with dancers and drums it was very exciting. We had stayed for an hour until we heard a roar. One of the lions  had escaped. No one was allowed in until its tamer got it back in its cage but he didn’t get it in its cage in time so the zoo closed and we wet home and I played with my dog for a while, then I had dinner. After I had a cornflake bar and slept.

kittygirl123’s 100WC

Once there was a boy. He was really weird. his name was billy, but all the people called him the dancing lion. he was called that because he was in a band and he played “the big drum“. he was weird because for breakfast he only had one cornflake. I went to his concert and he really is a weird man. he plays the drum like a “BOSS!”. he also danced on stage because he loves to dance. it was quite exciting seeing his show. I said to my mum ‘I loved seeing this show!’ ‘ can we go back tomorrow?”

This is the blog page for Primary 6 in Dunrobin Primary school in Airdrie, North Lanarkshire. We hope you like finding out about what we have been doing in school.