Primary 5/4 2020

Just another blogs.glowscotland.org.uk – North Lanarkshire site

This week…

Good morning everyone!
I can’t believe we’ve now reached our last full week of you being in P5/4!
Although this is not how we would normally spend our last full week of the school year together I want to thank you for being so adaptable during this time!
This week would have been our Sports Day – I am sure that many of you will be disappointed that this can not go ahead.
However, this week, Team Ladywell will be hosting our first ‘Virtual Sports Week’ in time for North Lanarkshire’s Virtual Sports Day on Monday 22nd of June (part of National School Sports Week 2020).
So how can you get involved…
The table below covers the Sports aspect and all the information on it should answer any questions you may have.
This will be a school house competition. Each day you will let Mrs. Carton know your times in the events you choose to participate in via the email address given on the above table. Send her your results along with your name, stage (P5 or P4) and house.
Mrs. Carton will then award points to find a winning house each day!
The announcement of this will probably run a couple of days behind to allow for all results to come in…
Even if only one pupil participates that day then their house wins!
I have included below a list of the school houses and which house you are part of incase you have forgotten…
Another whole school task being set by Mrs. Carton is to make a personal/family/house/Ladywell banner or flag to cheer themselves or others on.
Be sure to look out for more information relating to all of this on our school Twitter, class Team and here on our blog!
Finally, another task I would like for you to complete this week involves us reflecting on the school year, celebrating achievements and getting ready for transitions…
Use this PowerPoint/PDF first to stop, think and discuss with someone at home all that you have achieved this year…
Then, you can complete the activities below which link with the above!
Remember to send these to me – as I would love to read them! – & take and share lots of photos of you competing in our Virtual Sports Day!
Have fun!!
Miss Girvan.