Primary 5/4 2020

Just another blogs.glowscotland.org.uk – North Lanarkshire site

Kindness Challenge…

Last week I asked you to take on the ‘7 Day Kindness Challenge’…

Or to record some of the times you were kind to others and when others were kind to you in your kindness diary…

Charlie got in touch to let me know some of the kind things he had done for others…

“Hello Miss Girvan. I have been practising drawing in 3D – I have drawn this plant pot from the garden. I have added some insects I have seen in the garden and added a cactus, a sunflower and a rainbow. As I’m missing my Nanna & Grandad so much I have posted it to them for my ‘Act of Kindness’ today. My Nanna has put my drawing in her window to display it!”

“Hello Miss Girvan – today I have been building things outdoors in the sunshine! I decided to build a playhouse for my guinea pigs, Pineapple & Chomper! I used shoe boxes, tape and plastic bottles. They love it!! I made lots of doors and windows they could peek out and hide behind too! My guinea pigs jump and shake their fur when they are happy and they have been jumping all day! My act of kindness today was for my pets!”

Both of these were lovely things to do! Both great acts of kindness! Well done Charlie!    ______________________________________________________________________________________

I said that I would take on the challenge too and have kept a photo diary to share with you, showing the acts of kindness I have completed!

On Monday, I made Adam a cup of tea – I even remembered the biscuits!

On Tuesday, I sent my gran a card from all of the family to brighten her day!

On Wednesday, I donated £5 to the charity Social Bite who are helping feed vulnerable people during this time.

On Thursday, I baked Adam a lemon drizzle cake – it is his favourite and he had been working very hard from home so I thought it would help to cheer him up after a day of work.

I don’t live with my parents anymore but on Friday I did a chore that needed done and hoovered the carpets!

On Saturday, I video called my mum – she is missing seeing my brother and I so I thought this would make her happy!

And finally on Sunday, I was kind to myself and spent time reading my favourite Harry Potter book on my Kindle.

I liked doing this challenge P5/4 – I hope you did too!

Remember – kindness is an amazing quality to have! It doesn’t cost us anything to be kind to one another and it means more to others than we would think!

Miss Girvan.

An Inspiring List of Kindness Quotes For Kids » AllWording.com