Primary 2/1 2020

Just another blogs.glowscotland.org.uk – North Lanarkshire site

May 26, 2020
by Mr Colquhoun
1 Comment

May already!

How is everyone? I am aware that all work and activities is now posted on the Teams Chat. Is there anyone else out there who needs help accessing it?

April 27, 2020
by Mr Colquhoun
0 comments

Update

Hello everyone,

How is everybody? Just checking if anyone who wants daily challenges / tasks, wants any posted here?

Is everyone who wants a bit of home school material or ideas using the team now? Sorry for anyone who had trouble getting into the team, the instructions I gave worked from my end. The joys of technology!

Mr Colquhoun

April 22, 2020
by Mr Colquhoun
0 comments

Microsoft Teams Update

Hello folks,

Already some P2/1 class members are engaging well with the team. If you have any difficulty getting to it, please email me at-

stuartcolquhoun@ladywell-n-lanark.sch.uk

I set a very simple task on there, which could also be done via the comments on the BLOG. It was just to find the team, and leave one sentence about who you are and what you love. Simple, simple, simple.

Hopefully chat to you via the Team soon.

Mr C

x

April 21, 2020
by Mr Colquhoun
0 comments

Our Microsoft Team – The best team ever!!!

Hello everybody,

I have made up a Microsoft Team for us.

If  you do not know anything about Microsoft Teams, it is basically a ‘real-time’ chat service. It makes it possible for us all to have a conversation, or even a video link chat, anytime we want.

Mrs Winning, Miss McLellan and Mrs Curran are also team members so they might pop into chats or video calls whenever I organise them, to say hello and see your lovely wee faces.

I will continue to put tasks and things on the BLOG, if you want to keep using only the BLOG or my email to communicate, that is totally up to you.

Oooohhhh how I miss being able to talk in person!!!! I feel as if I am writing an essay.

Now, the important bit. How to find our P2/1 team.

When you open GLOW, you are on an area called a ‘Launch Pad’.

At the top right, there is a wee rectangular box that says ‘Search Launch Pad’.

Search ‘Microsoft Teams’. Click on the Teams photo that opens up.

Once you click on the link, it should take you to our team right away. I have given the authority for all of you to have access, and I read over your details very carefully to make sure I got the right people.

Any problems, get in touch with me at –

stuartcolquhoun@ladywell.n-lanark.sch.uk

Good luck guys!

Mums, Dads and carers…. I feel like you are being bombarded with online educational things from me.

If it ever becomes too much in the coming weeks, drop me an email and let me know. In these unprecedented times, the most important three things to have with your child are –

Peace, love and understanding. xx

April 20, 2020
by Mr Colquhoun

Rainbow Writing Idea

Hi guys,

Just had a thought. Everyone is doing cool things with Rainbow art and design ideas just now. (chalk, paint, cutting paper etc).

This made me think of a very easy way we could share some creativity on this BLOG.

You could sit with your mum, dad or carer and tell them what lovely sentences or words start with each letter from R A I N B O W.   The fancy name for this is an ACROSTIC poem.

Ill start us off…….

R eally wish I was P2/1.

A lways thinking of my lovely pupils.

I am getting fed up of not seeing my class!

N ever have I eaten so many snacks per day!

B eing outside in the sun makes me feel better.

O utside I have been counting up to 100!

W ouldn’t it be lovely to catch up with everybody and have a party!!!!

There you have it. My attempt a a very simple Rainbow Acrostic poem.

As it is only 7 sentences long, your carers could help you leave it as a comment? It would give us all something to talk about and raise our spirits a wee bit.

Stay safe boys and girls.

I’ll put other learning on here as soon as I can. I am still trying to sort this ‘Microsoft Teams’ thing. I can’t figure out a quick way to do it.

Mr Colquhoun

April 20, 2020
by Mr Colquhoun

Summer Term!!

Hello P2/1 ,

Welcome back to online school!

I hope you all had an amazing two weeks off school (even though we were kind of ‘off’ school before then)

The topic this term was going to be ‘Puppets’. I really wanted us to look at the history of puppets and take you all to a puppet theatre as a class trip to Biggar.

Today, if you have anytime, take a look at youtube videos of ‘sock puppets for kids’. Think of a cool name for a puppet you would like to make and try writing short scripts for a funny puppet show.

That is the type of thing I would have been doing with you in topic lessons. I will send the topic planner to you all as soon as possible. It ties in nicely with literacy skills.

How is everyone? Is there any chance you could leave me comments and let me know how you are getting on??

If you would rather get your mum or dad to chat privately with me, my email is –

I really miss you all guys….we should have had an awesome Sports Day to look forward to, we should have had our class trip and we would have had awesome games of rounders in this weather.

So sad we are not in school. I am going to work hard tonight to sort out this ‘Microsoft Team’ thing.

I think it will be another way we can all talk to each other and share work. My email address can be used for that too.

Lots of love,

Mr Colquhoun

April 1, 2020
by Mr Colquhoun

Music Resources

Hi folks,

If you are looking for free music resources, games and fun, please have a look at –

www.abcmusichomeschool.org.uk.

The comopany director emailed me today to say all resources are free!

Have fun.

Miss you all (the coolest wee class in the planet x)

April 1, 2020
by Mr Colquhoun

April Fool’s Day Fun Challenge

Just had an idea……

As we can now use the comments and some totally awesome mums and dads have been helping pupils write comments, here is a wee challenge.

I’m going to leave incomplete phrases which I would usually say in class, either to get your attention, or show that I am happy with your work. See if you can comment and say what the end of these phrases are?

1. Sheesh ________!

2. Please come down to ___________. 

3. Look very soon, ______  ____  ____   _____________.

4. Shabba – labba – _______    _________.

This is not an April Fool’s Joke! Just a fun thing to pass the time and get some chat on the comments section!

April 1, 2020
by Mr Colquhoun
0 comments

P2 Common Word List

Hi guys,

After a conversation with one superstar P2 mum, I thought it would be a good idea to post all the North Lanarkshire P2 common words list.

This is the list of words that we would have used in spelling activities, and in our Daily Writing Jotters, by the end of the school year.

have     your     only     by     are     come    of    new
said      could    her       before     day      away      ask     year
eat      yellow     grow      again     food     blue      best     number
other      very      took      fast      there      their     some     them
last      because      week      keep      when      what      many      soon
too      round        found       wish       men      who       after        hand
right       fly          bring         Mr        two        five       life        line
home      more      school      Mrs      take      gave      cold      don’t
every      find      want        girl        father      head      mother      jump
four       miss       never      these       well       will        fell       call
three      room      long        tree       under      were      thing       know
green      people       which         another

Every time we learn new common words, we play a game callled ‘word-splat’.

If you want to try this at home, write four common words on four flashcards. (Just sliced up wee bits of paper or card). The referee says one word, and the the best player is the player who can slap, or hit the word the quickest.

(Hard to do with only one pupil!)

Good luck with the words guys, really wish I could do word-splat with you!!!

March 26, 2020
by Mr Colquhoun

Top Marks – Online Learning Tool

Hi everyone,

If you have access to a tablet or laptop, the website called ‘topmarks’ has some fantastic online maths and literacy games for pupils of all ages.

Just pop – ‘topmarks games’ into google. It’ll lead you straight to the correct website.

Mr Colquhoun