Overtown Primary School

Giant Tetrahedron

Today, Friday 27th February Primary 7 had a visit from Linda Jane (CITB) and Debbie (Graham Construction).  They came along to talk to the children about the construction industry and to build a large structure in our gym hall!!  The children were involved in a discussion about the different types of structures constructed, different materials used and different trades involved.  They also talked at length about Health and Safety and conducted a Risk Assessment.  Construction began in a small way but evolved into a Giant Tetrahedron.  The children worked extremely hard and a high standard of team work was evident.  They were justifiably proud of the final outcome!! The children made these comments

• It was a very fun and active experience even though it wasn’t a proper lesson, we still learned quite a lot of new things! – Matthew
  • It was a great experience and a fun way to incorporate teamwork and maths – Chloe
  • I really enjoyed doing this task and learned a lot like how to be safe and work as a team – Alex
  • It was awesome, I loved it! – Callum
  • I loved it, nothing else needs to be said! – Ethan
  • It was a great experience that I’ll remember for a long time! – Hayley
  • One word, outstanding – Haris
  • I thought that building this giant tetrahedron was fantastic and the end results were excellent – Millie
  • IMG_4026 IMG_4030 IMG_4065