Gymnastic Success

The North Lanarkshire Gymnastics Competition, held in the Ravenscraig on Friday the 8th of December, was a roaring success for the St Aidan’s gymnastic girls. Emma McConville, one of the successful young gymnasts played a role in securing first place and gold medals for her team at level 3. Individually she placed 3rd overall and was delighted to discover it meant she received an A band 1 for her national 5 PE prelim.

Emma Commented saying “It gives me and my teammates a good reputation within the department and it shows we can work well in a team. I think it really benefits the school and its image.” Additionally she commented on her teacher and in school coach saying “Miss Cairns is over the moon! She’s a very good coach and is always so supportive.”

Miss Cairns commented herself saying “Hard work definitely pays off. I’m a proud teacher and coach, these girls are talented and great role models within the school.”

The girls were joined at the event by family and friends and the gymnastics team at St Aidan’s has always received overwhelming support from staff and students alike.