Week Ending 19th December 2014

Our last full school week before the holidays was our best and busiest yet!  Our Primary 7s had the time of their lives at Kilbowie Outdoor Centre all week with St. Teresa’s.  All children got on really well and tried their hand at every activity on offer.  I must say a huge thank you to Mr Dinsmor, Mrs Ayton and Mrs Condie for leaving their own families behind the week before Christmas to accompany our pupils on their week away.  I hope you all enjoyed seeing regular updates on twitter of the children’s adventures.

Our choir performed on stage with Abbamania on Thursday and Friday evening this week.  On Thursday, they performed in Glasgow Royal Concert Hall and on Friday they travelled to Kilmarnock Grand Hall.  It’s safe to say the children had the experience of a lifetime and rose to the challenge beautifully.  They sang their hearts out and received a standing ovation and a roaring applause from both audiences.  Again, I must say a huge thank you to Miss O’Donnell, Mr Maxwell, Mrs Curran, Mrs Taggart and Mrs Donnelly for accompanying our children to the venues.  A massive thank you must also go to Mrs Ewart for giving up so much of her free time recently to ensure our children were well prepared for their performances.

Abbamania very kindly gave our children a goodie bag containing an Abbamania CD, an Abbamania keyring and a selection box each for their performances.  They also made a donation of £200 to the school to go towards the cost of our buses to and from the venues.  I can’t thank Abbamania enough for inviting our choir to join them on stage and I am sure our children will be talking about it for years to come.  Again, I hope you enjoyed seeing our pictures on twitter of both evenings.

This week ahead includes our Nursery party on Monday morning in the school hall, and the P1, P1/2 and P2 party in the afternoon.  Tuesday is our last day at school before the Christmas holidays and school closes at 2.30pm.  Our bus children will also be picked up early on Tuesday; please ensure you have arrangements in place for children’s early departure.  School resumes on Monday 5th January at 9am.

Can I take this opportunity to wish everyone a very happy and Holy Christmas.