Angles and Decimals 2

Your second problem should be about money. Think about all the topics we have covered – exchange rates, credit and debit cards, APR, hire purchase etc. Write your own problem about any of these topics.

23 thoughts on “Angles and Decimals 2”

1. Maria was going to Hong Kong how much would she get if….

A) she exchanged £6800 to Hong kong dollars(exchange rate=0.087)

B) she exchanged £4600 to Hong kong dollars with the same exchange rate.

2. I want to buy a sofa for £246 but I can’t afford it right now. The sellers agree that I can make 7 monthly payments of £41 and a deposit of £35. how much would I have saved if I had bought the sofa for £246?

3. I’m going on holiday to America. I’ve got £5600 to spend
    (Exchange $1.15 )

How much dollars will I have ?

4. Jack wanted to buy a new clock for his house using his credit card. If he had £56.78 on his credit card could he buy a clock costing £32, a book costing £6 and buy dinner for £16 ? If he could how much would it cost him and if he can’t how much more money would he need to have

5. I am going to New York next weekend, I plan to spend the £ 219 that I have saved up. The problem is that they won’t accept pounds in America , so I will need to exchange it. If the current exchange rate is $1.47 per £1 how much money would I take to New York

6. I went on a holiday to Florida with $900 spending money. I spend $347 in Disney land, swam with a dolphin which cost $214 and spent $50 on gifts. How many dollars do I have left? I decide I want to exchange my money back into pounds how many pounds would I get? (Exchange rate-$1.49)

7. i have £25 in the bank left and i want to go on a day out with 2 of my friends.first we go to the cinema(tickets are £1.20).we then go out for some lunch buying a drink and a meal coming to £5.50(thats for one person).the travel to get there cost us each £3.00 and to get back it was £3.50.

A)How much did i spend if i bought everything for everyone?
    B)would i have enough money to buy everyones?
    C)if i didn’t have enough money how much money would owe to the bank?

8. (£1=1.40euros)

Lorna, Mark and Family were travelling to France. They changed £1000 into euros. They spend 154.32euros on food 57.99euros on gifts 233.00euros on a day pass to disney world and 78.96euros on treats for themselves. They change the rest into pounds when they return home.

a) how many euros did they take?
    b)how may euros did they spend?
    c)how many pounds did they get when they changed it back?

9. I buy a signed football top for £304 and sell it 2 and a half years later, for £153 how much profit or loss have I made.

10. Man United signed Ronaldo for £7 million 5 years later Real Madrid for €96 million . How much did Real Madrid sign him for in pounds ?

11. Ann bought 2 vase’s. One at the price of £136 and the other at £212.A few years later she sells one at the price of £112 and the other one at £159.
    How much did she pay for the two vase’s?
    How much profit or loss did she make?

12. I am going on holiday to Orlando in July I have £300 pounds saved up to exchange into dollars at a rate of $1.46. How much will I get if I exchange for dollars? If I decide not to spend my dollars on holiday and use my Mum and Dads money how much would I get back if I exchanged back to pounds with a buy back rate of $1.75 to the pound?

13. Alex plans to go on holiday to Spain with the exchange rate quite high (€1.35)he has £3100 to change into euros.He goes to a Lacoste shop and buys 4 Lacoste shirts. Each of them are €70.he notices a deal where he can buy 3 for the price of two. He then goes to an art museum and buys a piece of art for €2100. Then goes to a Real Madrid game against Barcelona and pays €300 for a private box.

A)how much Euros did they take.
    B) How much we’re all of the Lacoste tops put together.
    C) How much money did Alex have left when he bought the piece of art and the Real Madrid tickets.
    D) how much money would he have when he changed it back into pounds.

14. I am going on holiday to Spain soon and I have £1500 to spend over there.
    a) how much will I have to spend in Spain in euros? (Exchange rate 1.15)
    I spend 500 euros on gifts, another 500 on souvenirs, 300 euros on clothes
    b) did I have enough for all this
    c) I decide to change the remaining euros back in to pounds. How much do I have now in pounds?

15. Lots of fantastic problems her. Well done! One thing I’ve noticed as I’ve been reading them is that lots of people have written a problem using exchange rates. They have remembered to give the exchange rate but need to think about how they write it down. Look at these examples. Which one is correct and why?

Exchange rate of $1.35
    Exchange rate of £1.20
    Exchange rate of £1=€1.15

16. A family of four go to Japan for two weeks.Both Miss and Mr Macroy take £300 pounds each.There daughter Tess takes £150 with her.The son, Dan, takes £50.The family need to change there pounds to dollars at a exchange rate of $1.25 per pound.When all the money was exchanged, how many dollars did the family have in total?

17. A family of four go to Japan for two weeks.Both Miss and Mr Macroy take £300 pounds each.There daughter Tess takes £150 with her.The son, Dan, takes £50.The family need to change there pounds to yen at a exchange rate of $1.25 per pound.When all the money was exchanged, how much yen did the family have in total?

18. 1.a) Ella wanted to go to New York and she had saved up £400. If
    the exchange rate was $1.12, how much would she have to spend
    in New York?

19. a family of 5 were going to america for 2 weeks the mum and dad took £400 each. there there son at 13 took £100 [birthday/christmas money].there other son at 11 took £70.
    there daughter at 8 took £40.
    exchange rate:£1=$1.75
    1 a]how much in total do the family have after changing it into pounds.

20. i’m going on holiday to America if i had £3000 to spend
    and the exchange rate is $1.15

How much dollars will i have?

21. Exchange rate: 1 GBP = 11.58 HKD

I went on holiday to Hong Kong. I have £2500.

a) How much Hong Kong Dollars do I have?

b) A PS4 costs $3380 in Hong Kong and £349 in UK, how much would I save if I buy on holiday?

22. Fiona decides to buy a new tumble dryer. She can’t afford to pay it all at once so she agrees to pay £15 a month for a year with an APR of £20.

a) If the tumble dryer costs £190 to pay outright, would Fiona benefit from using APR , yes or no ?

b) Explain your answer?