Chapelhall Primary 5

Airdrie Observatory

What a fantastic evening we had at the Observatory! We had the opportunity to see the telescope, how it worked and learn a little about it’s history. The curators believed it was over 140 years old! We then had the chance to look at the moon through the telescope and the binoculars. The children thought it was ‘awesome’ (and I think some of the parents did too). Isobel then gave us a presentation on the Solar System and we learned some new things. It was an extremely successful evening.  I would like to thank all the parents for bringing their children as it really is a fantastic place to visit. I would also like to thank Aileen from Airdrie Astronomical Society for arranging this for us. Here are some of the photos from the evening!

I’m very proud of you all Primary 5, as always, your behaviour was impeccable, you represented our school in a very positive manner! 30 House points to all of you!