Girls School of Football

Programme Information

The Girls’ School of Football is designed to develop talented players who will feed into teams for girls across Lanarkshire and surrounding areas.

The aim of the programme is to look at the holistic needs of the player and not just focus on their ability.

Football classes help to enhance social skills, listening and behaviour.

As the sessions are daily and the players must display a reasonable technical standard to cope with the demand. However, their selection is also based on attendance, academic performance, effort, attitude and behaviour which are all important indicators in deciding whether or not they are appropriate for the programme.

Some of the development components we focus on are: Tactical skills (defending, attacking, and possession) Technical skills (passing, shooting, control and finishing) Physical skills (stamina, strength, speed, agility). To develop these the pupils in the programme receive one period of coaching per day in S1, S2 and S3.

Quotes:

“I get to meet new friends while playing the game I love”

“I have got so much better, particularly my control and passing with my weaker foot”

“I am much more confident on and off the pitch”

“I love the sessions and also the Nutrition Workshops where I made my first smoothie!”