Westfield Nursery

This month’s topic

April and May

Over the next month and a half the children will be learning about cafes and restaurants. We will be encouraging the children to thinkĀ about healthy foods that we eat in nursery and at home, how we behave and socialise in restaurants, how food is prepared and can be shared between people, how to make and use menus and how to take food orders. This topic has been chosen due to a lot of the child led play that have taken place in nursery recently. The children will be given the opportunity to take part in a variety of activities based on literacy, numeracy, and health and wellbeing.

The outcomes we will be focussing on this month are:

HWB 0-30a. Together we enjoy handling, tasting, talking and learning about different foods, discovering ways in which eating and drinking may help us to grow and keep healthy.

LIT 0-26. Within real and imaginary situations, I share experiences and feelings, ideas and information in a way that communicates my message.

MNU 0-07a. I can share out a group of items by making smaller groups and can split a whole object into smaller parts.

SOC 0-18a. Within my everyday experiences and play, I make choices about where I work, how I work and who I work with.