Sacred Heart Primary

Home Learning 17th June 2020

Morning everyone! 🥰

I hope you are enjoying your learning so far this week. There are lots of tasks on Sumdog as well as Mrs Frew’s tasks and our literacy tasks based on our new e-book. If you haven’t accessed this yet you can find it on FILES on our TEAMS page. I have also sent out the invites for our chat which will be tomorrow at 10am. I really hope you can all make it ❤️

1 more week of school left until the summer holidays! Who can believe it? The time has gone by with the blink of an eye 👁 Hopefully next week Mr Sunshine reappears and we can enjoy the great outdoors! ☀️

For today’s learning…

Please continue to read The Man Who Bought A Mountain.
The task for today is based on chapter 2 and is a metalinguistics task:

‌

Have a look at these words. Find them in the chapter and use your strategies to help you work out their meanings. Remember our strategies are:

Read back
Read on
Discussion
Prior Knowledge

You should guess what you think the meaning is first and then use a dictionary to check if you are correct. Just like we do in class. Good luck 💕

Well-being Wednesday 

Today I would also like you to try and fit in some yoga. As we know yoga is great for relaxing, building upon our flexibility and helping with our mental wellbeing. Have a go at this yoga session with Adrienne:

Religious Education 

On Friday it is the Feast of Sacred Heart of Jesus ❤️ our school’s feast day. It is a very important day for us and everyone in the Catholic Church and although we can’t share the great day in each other’s company, we can still celebrate this virtually alongside Father McGoldrick. Between now and Friday I would like you to create a prayer, similar to our School prayer, thanking Jesus for guiding us not only through our daily life but especially during this really difficult time.

Your prayer only has to be around 6-7 lines long.
Please create a beautiful colourful border around your prayer and take care with your handwriting and spelling.

Please can you share your prayers with me via TEAMS or EMAIL as I would love to forward them to Father McGoldrick who I know is missing us all very much. Good luck ❤️

Have a fantastic day my lovelies and I’ll speak to you all tomorrow.

Miss Rossetti 🥰xx