Sacred Heart Primary

Room 11

Good morning everyone. Just over a week to go until we are officially on summer holidays! Woohoo! I cannot wait, even if the holidays will be a bit different this year. Did anyone try the acrostic poem I asked you to do last week? If so Iā€™d love to see it. I hope you are all working hard at home. Here are some tasks for you to try out this week.

Health and Wellbeing
LI ā€“ I am learning about staying safe when I return to school.
When we come back to school things are going to be a little different, we have to make changes to make sure that we are all staying safe. Can you create a poster with some rules we could follow in school that would make sure we are all staying safe. Think about how we should sit in class, handwashing, sharing things, lunch times and play times. You can use pictures and words on your posters to make it really interesting to look at.

Art
LI ā€“ I am experimenting with Origami.
This week, 5 Pilot whales were stranded on the shore of a Scottish island. This gave me the inspiration to look for some art inspired by whales. We have tried out lots of art activities over the weeks but this is something new. Origami is the art of paper folding. It looks easy but can be super tricky. Try to follow the tutorial below to create your own origami whale. Have fun!

Whale Origami