Sacred Heart Primary

Home Learning 8th June 2020

Good morning Room 14! 🥰

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend and enjoyed some of the sunshine. Once again thank you to those who have emailed me over some great work. You have all been working so hard. Well done 🧡 It was also lovely to catch up with some of you again on Thursday. It cheers me up getting a chance to speak to you. On Friday I was at the Hub and getting some great ideas for learning! Yesterday I was in our own school and getting things prepared for returning in August! 😊

For this weeks learning plan I have a few things for you:

For numeracy all week I want you to log on to Sumdog and try and answer as many questions as possible in the NLC competition. We want to see Sacred Heart on the leaderboard! We’ve got this! 😆➕➖✖️➗

Digital Literacy

The last few days have been eventful indeed, there is a lot of unrest in the world at the moment, and there have been protests around the world particularly in America. Click here to watch a Newsround report about these events.

How does watching and reading about this make you feel? What are your thoughts on the matter?

Please click through these powerpoints to get more information about racial discrimination.

Elimination of Racial Discrimination.

Embrace our Differences.

Chat to someone at home about the information you read here. I’d like you to reflect on your own thoughts and feelings about this while doing some mindfulness colouring.

Your task for the week is to create an information report about these events. Your report can be in any format you choose, eg. a leaflet, poster, powerpoint, solo talk, news report.

The report will contain the following information:

• WHAT has happened.
  • WHERE it happened.
  • WHY it has happened.
  • 3/4 other facts about these events.
  • Illustrations/photographs/diagrams.

Remember, this is a factual report so use what you have watched and listened to in the Newsround article. Do not include your own thoughts and opinions – we will save those for another type of genre.

Please don’t rush this task, take your time and take the next few days to process what you have watched and read and discuss your thoughts and opinions on it with others.

Good luck with this 😊

Health and Wellbeing 

Have a think about your favourite P6 memory. Perhaps have a discussion with your family or friends or even write some down in your diary. Keep these safe for a task we might do in the next few days! 🥰

Have a lovely day everyone and please email me or contact via TEAMS if you have any problems.

Keep smiling,

Miss Rossetti xx