Sacred Heart Primary

Home Learning 2nd June 2020

Good morning Room 14 💐

I hope you all had a lovely weekend enjoying the sunshine and perhaps having a socially distant gathering with some family members you haven’t saw in a while. I sure did ☀️

👁 Please keep an eye out for your Teams invite this week. It will be one group only so I hope as many of you can join as possible.

📚 The learning I have received over the weekend has been fabulous. Well done to everyone who has emailed me over some pieces of work. You have all been working so hard 🌟

This week we have a few tasks:

– I would love for you to read chapters 3, 4 and 5 of JK Rowling’s new book “The Ikabog”.
– I would then like you to summarise the events in the book so far (you can do this any way you wish: a paragraph, a mind map, a narrated story board).
– I would like you to continue with the illustration completion.
– I would like you to write a diary entry from the perspective of one of the characters. You can choose whatever character you wish.
– Lastly I would like you to find as many tricky words as you can in these three chapters. Use your  strategies to help you find out the meaning (read on, read back, dictionary, discussion). If you want to write them down you can bring them to our Teams meeting on Thursday and we can discuss them there.

The link to the Ikabog is here:

The Ikabog

– 
Each group has been updated on Sumdog. Give the challenges a go!
– There is a times table challenge for everyone.
-Explore Study Ladder and complete some of the fun maths tasks on there.
-Log on to Top Marks and play some maths games: Top Marks Maths

-I am also looking for some more pupils to create our number of the day. Send me this over in an email and I can post it on our Blog/Twitter.

Topic

🚀 On Saturday we finally witnessed the launch of the Space X rocket in America. It was a fantastic moment that was amazing to watch. I hope some of you had a chance to watch the launch on NASA. This week I would like you to find out why this launch has been so special. I would like you to research:

1. Why the launch has been so special

2. Who the astronauts on board are

3. Why they are on the mission

4. What the Space X rocket is like

Here is a link to the launch:

As always I will continue to post some extra tasks on the blog throughout the week.

I hope you enjoy these tasks this week!

Stay safe and keep smiling,

Miss R 🥰